Saturday, October 25, 2008

In a Nutshell

My boss is probably trying to kill me.

Or she could just be trying to give me the motivation to run away. After all, what young college graduate will be satisfied remaining in a place where you only get paid $2.35 an hour. Even with gratuities the pay is sometimes not enough. There are no exemplary benefits save for cheap hotel stays outside of the city, and there aren't incentives to work harder.

I clearly hate my job. I know it, my coworkers know it, my boss knows it, and my parents have known it since before I set foot in the damn place.

Next week will be a battle against Ani's patience as I go up against, not one, but three days of early morning before the rooster crows, before the sun rises, and before the nighttime partiers even go home to sleep workdays. Yes, I'm sure there are still people out drinking up a storm and partying when I wake up at four in the morning to get ready for work.

It looks like I have Friday off, at least, not that I would have minded working on Friday. I specifically told my boss that I was available on Halloween, unlike many others would be. I have no social life outside of my work, my school, and my family. My friends come around once every full moon and I get invited to a party once every leap year.

It's a quiet, lazy, simple life for me and that's fine. I don't think I would prefer it any other way as I am a pretty private person.

Of course, there are always those days where privacy seems thrown out of the window and I wish that I had another different, more solitary lifestyle than I have now. Do I ask for too much?

No comments: