Thursday, February 9, 2012

Looking forward to a new book: Palace of Stone

Goodreads Page

Sequel? Where was I when this was announced?

Ahem... Let's not answer that question, because I know where I've been for a while. And we'll leave it at that. There is very little news or commentary about what this sequel to Princess Academy will be about. Either that or I'm not looking hard enough, but I'm still very excited about it. Ever since I first discovered the cute little book and it's cover as my very first Shannon Hale delight a few years ago, I've been in love with all of her work.

To date, Book of a Thousand Days remains my favorite Shannon Hale book, and possibly one of my most favorite of all books I've ever read. She does an excellent job infusing young adult material with fairy-tale fantasy with a side dish of romance and adventure. It just hits all the right spots and it's also a bonus that her writing is so witty and detailed as well.

And now a sequel to Princess Academy? I'm ecstatic and waiting for the moment that I can add it to my collection. The conflict, do I want to buy it in e-book format first or physical book format first? If it's really that good, I'll have it in both formats, much like I have Book of a Thousand Days in my Nook as well as in paperback (it is, so far, the ONLY book I have bought twice).

Princess Academy was the very first Shannon Hale wonder I picked up, so hopefully the sequel will be just as wonderous! Here's looking forward to it!

No comments: