Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: Just One Wish


Just One Wish
Just One Wish by Janette Rallison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was extremely addicting and enjoyable for a book I normally would brush off as cute teen fluff. Don't get me wrong, the reason I read it was because it sounded light and fluffy. Who doesn't like good fluff after all? But I thoroughly devoured the entire book once I had a chance to sit down and read it starting on chapter two. I like to give myself teasers through chapter one to see how things may start off. I hadn't expected myself to become so engrossed in this short and sweet little story.

Some things didn't happen as I had thought they would and the ending felt kind of abrupt, but overall, I really did like this book. Annika is one heck of a spunky kickass heroine for a modern age teen girl. I give most of the credit of my enjoyment of this book to her character: crazy, passionate, resourceful, and just the right amount of manipulative to get what she wants, but not too much to seem spoiled or irrational.

This book was tons of fun and I'm even trying to picture what Steve Raleigh actually looks like in green Robin Hood tights and tunic. Not having much luck though, but it'll probably come around at some point.



View all my reviews

No comments: