Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesdays: Ten Authors I REALLY Want to Meet

Top Ten Tuesdays is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

 

 

Ten Authors I REALLY Want to Meet

 

I figure this list is as good as naming some favorite authors, because I've never really given too much thought to actually meeting them.  But then I read about someone's trip to BEA and how she was able to meet Maggie Stiefvater and I felt a bit jealous.  So maybe there ARE author's I'd like to meet.

 

If only because I'd like the fifteen second chance to tell them how much I love their books and their writing styles and their wit and humor... and other things.

 

 

1.  J.K. Rowling -- Two words.  Queen Rowling.

 

2.  Maggie Stiefvater -- I'd like to think that having a conversation with Maggie would be as much fun as reading her news/blog posts and her books.  She's got a natural comedic wit to her words that you can't help but be charmed by.

 

3.  Julie James -- As one of my auto-buy, auto-READ-RIGHT-NOW! authors, I would definitely love to meet Julie James.  Maybe hear from her, personally, how she made the jump from lawyer to writer and tell her how much fun I have reading her books.

 

4.  Kasie West -- I love her books and I love the dry humor she infuses into her characters and I love that a lot of her characters are nerdy types and so I would love to meet her.

 

5.  Dean Koontz -- As one of my all time favorite authors, I felt he needed to be on this list.

 

 

I suppose a list of five is better than nothing.  I might as well have skipped this week's Top Ten Tuesday since it feels so skimpy.  Ah well.

Original post: anitactruong.booklikes.com/post/1148839/top-ten-tuesdays-ten-authors-i-really-want-to-meet

No comments: