Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Holidays are Scary

I cannot wait for everything to be officially over. Granted, I like going to Christmas parties, I like hanging out with my friends, and I love seasonal foods and whatnot. But I hate this rush rush of the holidays. It's almost as if everyone thinks they have no time in the world to slow down.

And that's when everyone gets cranky, and the next thing you know, the holidays are no longer happy ones.

I can't quite say that I get a so called "Christmas Break" like many others-- where I part time at, there is no such thing as a break. But it's fine by me since I have nothing else better to do with my time anyway. Money makes the world go round, more hours means more money, and so the world is making its rounds quite smoothly right now. Until you accidentally drop a dirty fork, knife, or spoon on someone... or if you mix up some drink orders at the bar and realize that you probably have to pay for it later.

Yeah... the holidays kind of suck for me right now.

I am looking forward to next month wherein I can finally beging studying in my newly chosen Medical Technology area and work fewer before the crack of dawn hours. If I have to serve another breakfast, I may just have to throw scrambled eggs at someone.

But anyway, as life has it, you must take what gets thrown your way. Or dodge it and then turn around and pick it up, cause someone's gotta pick it up before it rots and dies, right?

In recent non-social news of mine, I've been immersing myself in online games and such to waste away my time (and my brain). Writing has become a distant and slippery grasp for me, and my room could stand a little cleaning.

Otherwise, days are peachy.

No comments: