Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Grandma's New House and a Walk-in Closet

So it's Sunday. Sunday's are boring and drab since there's not much going on for me on Sundays. I could be doing a lot of things such as cleaning my room, doing my laundry, or even doing my homework. But it feels like it would be such a sin just to lift a finger on a Sunday.

But it's not like I'm Catholic or anything, so I guess it's okay.

So my uncle recent bought a new house on the east side of town. It's a nicer change from the neighborhood they live in currently (and have lived in for the past twenty years). It's prettier and probably much more secure -- in other words, Grandma won't have to worry about chaining and bolting every door and window in her house at night anymore.




From the outside it looks kind of small. The inside looks a little bit more spacious. But I won't deny that compared to a lot of other houses, it's actually quite small. The way the house was designed and constructed... I don't really like. I wouldn't be able to make myself buy something like this.

But... To each their own. My uncle's happy with it, my grandma's happy with it, so everything is quite alright. I guess.

The only things I could say I like are probably the deck, the walk-in closet, and the kitchen counter.



The deck is big, spacious, and has a roof hanging over it. I like this aspect. Secondly, it also leads into the master bedroom. A little creepy if you think about it, but then again, sometimes you just need those late night or early morning leave the house without anyone knowing times. Or in a workaholic's case, I guess it's a good idea to have a means to enter the house after a long day at work without encountering anyone.

In a college student's case, it's a good idea to be able to enter the house after a long party night and fall directly onto one's bed without waking the entired household -- if said entire household exists, that is. There is also quite a bit of room under the deck as well to load up outdoor items, but I'm not saying that the area is a safe haven for easily rusting gardening materials.

In my uncle and grandma's case, it's going to be the dog's room and chain up prison when visitor's are over.

And yes, that is my little brother's but in that shot. I didn't realize I got it until I actually looked. Who knows what he's bending over to pick up. Made me want to retake the picture, but it would take a little while to find the right spot and right lighting again. Camera phones really aren't all what they're hyped out to be, honestly.



Now, I like walk-in closets. They're nice. They give you a lot of room to sweep extra debris into when guests are over. I could probably throw another tub or two of unfolded clothes in there and no one would be the wiser. And there's plenty of room to do it too. I could even store extra boxes in each corner of this one. Although it's a little hard to get a full front and peripheral camera shot of the closet, I can just say that it's big.

And I especially like the shelf. I also like having the hanging rods at different heights. Makes for a good place to put different types of clothes, or to mix and match outfits. Not that I would need a clost for that. But truthfully, it also separates the weight of a bunch of clothes so that not everything is hanging in the middle of one single straight rod.

In my own closet in the past before I threw away a lot of clothes I realized I'd never be able to wear again... (that's another story) Basically the rod was screaming for a merciful end since it looked like it was about to buckle. I too was scared I'd break something so I started to pack away all those clothes and give them to my brothers as hand-me-downs (I'm a bit of a tomboy so a lot of my clothes were actually men's clothes) or I just sent them off with our garage sales and the Salvation Army trucks.

Now I make a solemn pact not to buy anymore clothes unless I absolutely need them or until I've lost about fifty pounds. End of story.



And now the kitchen.

Well, it's small. But it looks quaint. And I really like this counter for who knows what reason. It just looks so cool. With it's window and everything.

And that's all I really have to say about this part of the house. To be honest, I'm an island counter person. If I ever get a house, I need an island counter. It makes more lots of room and lots of space to throw things. And it can also serve as a dining table too if you live by yourself. Who needs to buy a new kitchen table?

I will admit I prefer to live on the west side of town over the east side of town. The east side is just so bustling and crowded... and mean. There's so much traffic and sometimes I just don't know how to get around. And there are about four Starbucks on Rock Road alone. It makes me wanna cry, cause there are really only four Starbucks on the entired west side alone. And this is including the one on Seneca which is really not counted as the west side, but more like the ghetto south side.

But anyway, to each their own. All is swell.

I'm tired as hell because of a cater-out job yesterday. I can actually feel my upper back tightening up on me. And I can't really feel my feet. And my fingers are aching, and frankly, typing up a storm doesn't help out at all.


In other news, the open beta of Warhammer Online just ended last night. I played for longer than I really needed to play. After all, it's not like I actually get to keep my character from the open beta. But now I actually have to go and pay the fifty bucks for an official game for when the game actually launches on the 18th this week. But I'll be working my butt off so I don't even know if I'll have time to play.

Ah... no matter. Really... I guess.

No comments: