Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Raymond Lam -- Your Love

I'm in love...

If you thought I was an obsessed otaku fangirl weird, then you won't be surprised to see me squealing in delight at the aspect of Raymond Lam's newest CD. I love this guy.

Excuse me while I lapse into fandom and "kya!" like a fangirl.

Your Love is Ray's second album since he stepped into the music industry. The first one with the incredibly mouthful title of Searching for You in Loving Memories or what have you at your own translation, was another milestone of his (and mine) that had all of his fans swooning in pleasure. Both albums are very good, although even as a fan I will admit there are some songs that don't really catch on as quickly and I don't care about. But the majority of the music is awesome.

Frankly speaking, until he released his first album last year in 2007, I'd been anticipating his first step into the music industry because of his incredibly smooth and unique voice. He has the talent to hit all sorts of pitches and sing to all sorts of music, and he had even been given the chance to perform each and every one of his theme songs for series he participated in. Even for Heart of Greed in which he wasn't supposed to really be a main character he ended up striking up a good image as a couple with Linda Chung and so the two sang the sub theme song together.

When other persons had released an album before him, I was disappointed. We will not mention who this "other persons" is because it would just cause fan chaos.

But I'm glad that he now has two albums and many, many other songs to boot. If only I could get a nice compilation of all the themesongs sung by this guy, then I would be in happy fangirl heaven.

"Kyaa..."

Yea, this guy is hot, his acting skills are above average, his singing is incredible, and his potential is continuing to soar even higher. I can't wait to continue watching him go places with his talents and skills.


In other news, Warhammer Online from Mythic Entertainment and EA games has released its open beta this week.



My brothers and I are participating in this and will probably allow Warhammer to become the next shot of "EverCrack2" drug we indulge in for the next few months. Of course, as the official launch of the game is still a few days away, I don't know how long we'll actually play this game. After all, we gave up on Everquest 2 to play Vanguard and that ended pretty badly.

As of right now, I'm giving myself a chance to play the plethora of evil characters available... since my brother wanted to be a squig herder. Don't ask questions, you'll only cry.

While Vanguard lacked a sense of convenience and efficiency during gameplay experience, Everquest 2 had always made up for in that sense. But Vanguard was a wonder world with new adventures and new gameplay deals. Unfortunately, the world was so big that it was overwhelming and frankly a little too easy to avoid playing. Everquest 2 lacked new ideas and new scenery and so became a boring old sport.

Hopefully Warhammer will be able to provide what these two games had lacked... along with fixing some bugs that are quite annoying at this time.


In yet more news, things in the personal life are going quite monotonous right now. Work is work, school work is school work... And thanks to Gustav, we're getting really good weather here in Kansas. My sincere apologies for finding this little bit of pleasure in the grief of those down south, but it really has been sweltering hot lately and I'm glad for the change of temperament in the easily tempered Kansas weather.

I recently watched 'The Bucket List' with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nickolson which was absolutely genius and fabulous. Ever since I saw the trailer I've wanted to watch the movie. A plot with two old dying men living out the last of their days to the fullest through a philosophical "Bucket List." It was very inspirational and very humorous. Morgan Freeman is one of the most talented American actors that I can respect. Jack Nickolson is Jack Nickolson and there's not other way to describe him-- in all his glory, he's a really great actor too.

My older brother has left for Minnesota on his first Operations Manager "mission" and in fact was supposed to go to Lafayette, but due to the multiple hurricane attacks, his destination was changed. He'll be back home on Saturday, so I was told, and then soon he'll be off on yet another building visit to somewhere else. It's a pity that I can't seem to get out of this pathetic city too... no matter how hard I'm trying. And then I got told that I need to just stay in Wichita and stop thinking about going elsewhere. Really now, the only reason I'm looking out of state is because I really want out of here... But no one in his family needs to know that other wise there might be some problems.

So right now I'm stuck in my eternal state of family servitude as the Asian daughter who can't leave unless she can become rich and famous by some miracle. Or unless I can (by yet another impossible miracle) get married an unload a grandchild for my parents to play with in which case they'll be sure that I'll be coming home to remain the servant girl.

As an end note to this semi-fangirl semi-rant post, I make mention that I have once again shot myself in the Writer's Block head and come up with yet another new story idea that I can't finish. On a more positive note, my most recent story which I've designated as a "short" story is being forcefully pounded out onto "paper" a la Microsoft Word glory. I'm going to assume that as soon as I finish it, I'll at least feel like I've made some progress and can edit and re-edit it to death until I've decided that I like it enough to share it with the world... or just to some bored passerby.

No comments: