Monday, May 18, 2009

The last final this semester and an Elvis impersonator

I worked as a bartender on Saturday and ended up watching the most interesting form of entertainment for a group of fifty chiropractors. After listening to a short speech by Miss Kansas, of whom I did not recognize, but thought had the weirdest looking skirt and funniest looking crown, the group got an Elvis impersonator to perform for them.

So I usually have no problems with entertainment and singing entertainment. Not everyone is good, but he wasn't a bad singer. And I don't really know Elvis that well, but I've heard his music even if I'm not really a fan.

However, where my bar was set up including how the stage was set up, I had the most unfortunate angle to view the Elvis impersonator and his... less than left to the imagination pants. Spotlights and white clothing equals a bad combination. Let's just say I spent a good amount of time averting my eyes from him. And those pants should never go into fashion again.

Yea... I'm not that much of a fan of the guy, impersonator or not.

But enough of that.

This morning I'm taking my last final of the semester. Whoop-dee, it's almost over... well, for a few days and then school starts up again in a week. All is cool, but because my boss found out that I have a week off, I'm practically working every day.

That's fine, my friend will be home soon and I'll hopefully get to hang out with her at least once before the summer semester starts. On top of that, my twenty-fifth is coming up in two weeks, right dab smack in the middle of the two week pre-session of a vigorous class. And then I lose my insurance coverage, so I need to get something new from the school.

At least there is ONE thing to look forward to: I've asked my friend to make me a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting as her birthday present to me and she agreed. I'll be happily chowing down on that and, well, being happy. I love cake and I haven't had strawberry cake in a while. This will be nice.

There are other things I'd love to get as well, but that's for the future when we all actually have money. Right now, we just perservere with what we have.

No comments: