Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 3 of KC trip - part 1 -- In which sleep was cruel and we prepare to do more shopping

I think the titles of my posts are getting longer.

Anyway, the night stay at hotels have always been dreadful for me. Ever since I was young and went on vacations with my family, I've never been able to sleep well in a hotel room.

Don't get me wrong-- the beds are comfortable to lay on and the rooms are nice, but my stupid mentality just won't let me sleep peacefully. And so I spent the night waking up at intervals. I have a bad case of insomnia to begin with anyway, so that doesn't help.

Sometime during the middle of the night, I woke up and heard some loud screaming and cussing. It could have come from outside-- but we are on the third floor. It could have come from one of the rooms around us, either a television or people. My friend says she heard someone's TV really loudly last night, but I managed to miss it somehow.

I'm a little sleepy right now since I couldn't sleep last night, but I'm sure I'll pep up as soon as we get started.

The day is planned with shopping and then hitting up the Power and Light District tonight.

The weather is very nice since it rained last night.

We are go for more wandering around today.

No comments: