Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 4 of KC trip -- In which we wander then return home

Yes, the trip has finally come to an end. Unlike yesterday, driving wasn't as amusing, although when you put me and two of my closest friends together (especially me and Barbie) we have the most interesting conversations. Three hours is quite the time for a long drive and interesting conversation as we watch the scenery go by. Kansas country scenery is always amazing. Unlike last year when it practically poured buckets of water on us on the way home, this time around was sunny with clear skies and good weather.

While the contents of our conversations are usually best off not being divulged to public ears, I can only say that we did not have a boring car ride back home. Although it's hard to recall what we usually say to each other, so I wouldn't be able to tell others anyway. I recall some talk about cows, wheat fields and corn fields, farming, and then our beloved driver screaming at slow moving cars and stupid drivers with all her rage.

Times are fun.

Last night was a horrid sleeping night. While I was finally tired enough to sleep without waking at intervals, it figures that the room phone would malfunction and continuously ring through the night. We were NOT happy about that, but the hotel graciously apologized and refunded our night stay, so basically we were only charged for one night. After all, we weren't the only guests who were kept awake all night from the room phone ringing randomly through the night.

I guess since I get an employee discount anyway, I'm fine with that.

More shopping was done as we went back to Legends mall. I do believe that its a nice place to go-- it's mostly outlet stores and factory stores, which means that everything is cheaper and discounted than typical retail price. Surprisingly, I ended up buying some clothes for the winter. I guess I'm biding my time-- I'm fully prepared for the wintertime now.

Following we went to eat lunch at Bo Ling's Chinese Restaurant and I introduced my friends to dim sum. Enjoyable as it is, the amount of food your order as the servers come by with cart after cart of dim sum can add up quickly. For me, dim sum is always good and I even brought home some baked buns for my family.

While it doesn't seem like we've done much besides shop-- which is pretty much true-- I feel like we've done quite a bit these past few days in KC. A lot of time was pretty much just spent driving around and seeing new scenic sites and just hanging out and talking and laughing. I'm happy to say that we had a lot of fun.

It gets tiring to be on the road all the time for me, but this is one I especially enjoyed. While I feel bad that one of my friends was sick during the trip, I'm glad that she was able to come-- a vacation probably did some good for her anyway and she seemed to have just as much fun. Secondly, I feel kind of bad for my other friend who may or may not have contracted some of the cold/flu that us other two girls might have exposed her to.

Overall, this trip was a good one and I look forward to the next. By then, some of the newer shopping districts will probably be more developed and maybe newer areas will be available to visit.

No comments: