Saturday, September 7, 2013

Review: The Collector


The Collector
The Collector by Victoria Scott

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Well it's true what another reviewer had said: If you don't like Dante Walker, you probably won't like this book, The Collector. So it's probably a good thing that I liked Dante decently enough to enjoy this book.

This book was fairly entertaining, although there were some other factors playing against it that didn't work well for me. The ending seemed to drag a little bit, and I'm not sure how well I like Charlie. She's a nice girl, she just doesn't really stand out enough from a standard Mary Sue, which makes it hard to relate. Otherwise, I enjoyed following Dante's narration and seeing the story unfold through his eyes. The rest of the characters seem overshadowed by Dante's strong personality (which makes sense considering the type of person Dante is), but even still, they held their own personalities on a different level. Character interaction was on par with what I love seeing.





View all my reviews

No comments: