Friday, September 13, 2013

Review: A Lot Like Love


A Lot Like Love
A Lot Like Love by Julie James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Another good one from Julie James with one of my more favored story tropes: Pretending to be a couple for whatever reason. So much potential for sizzling romances to begin this way. These FBI/US Attorney ones aren't as intense and action-packed as the I-Team novels, but what I love about Julie James are the characters and their witty, insightful, intelligent banter. These are great characters you can't help but fall in love with.

I think I liked the chemistry and the dialogue exchanges between Jordan and Nick more so than when I was reading the first book with Cameron and Jack (also witty and fun, but not as sassy). I also loved the relationship between Jordan and Kyle and hope to see more interaction between the twins in the next book as well.

Lots of fun to read and highly entertaining.

Also... Tall, Dark, and Smoldering...? lol That's a good one. But I think I also liked Kyle's description of "Tall, Dark, and Sarcastic". It fits, and it also gave a little foray into Kyle's character, which I immediately took a shine to, so I'm looking forward to seeing how his story pans out in the next book.



View all my reviews

No comments: