Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So Totally Blah...

So here I am, surfing the internet through blogs that I check out irregularly -- while also trying to study and imitate brush up on good blogging skills for my alternate universe fan blog -- when I realize that something is utterly annoying me. And it still is. I realize that I have absolutely no idea why my computer (and thus my work station/get away from people in the house haven) is sitting in my brother's room. And thus I am not away from people and have to share my "get away from people haven" with my brother.

I'm a little irritated.

It would be nice if I could waste away my time in the privacy of my own room for my own purposes. (Do you have any idea how much anime and other I could have watched by now if I were in my own room?) And mostly, it is quite hard for me to concentrate on other things when the little brother decides that he wants to blast, quite loudly, on his laptop the makings of a good movie that I want to watch, but cannot, because that would require getting up and walking over to "his area" and seating myself on an unconfortable two foot table to watch the movie on his laptop.

So instead of sharing the wealth a la watching the movie on a television, expertly placed within his room so that all can see, he watches his movies on his laptop, where only he can see and the audio sucks anyway. This is either (A) because he doesn't want to get up off of his already lazy ass to stick the DVD into the X-box, or (B) just to spite me. As much as I'd like to believe that the first option were true (which it is 100%) I'm also sure that the second choice comes as a bonus.

The second most irritating part of having my computer conveniently placed in his room makes for staying up way late into the late-late non-existently-late hours of the wee night to surf the internet/surf forums/watch anime/ready random crap very hard to do. Out of some unfounded respect or common courtesy to the little punk, I try to leave his room when he goes to sleep so that I don't bother him. That, and he tends to toss and turn in his bed and I opt not to tell him to quit it as it is quite annoying -- and because this is his room after all.

And what is keeping me from moving everything out of his room and back upstairs into the privacy of my own. The computer that I am currently making use of was bought by His Little Highness. And I don't think that I'll be able to make up some good excuse for wanting to switch back to the old one I've been using, or to take away his money from him. I feel wretched for even using something that he paid good money for, but in the long run, I think I didn't really have much of a choice.

The boy kind of just went out, bought it, then installed it in the spot where I currently sit (though I don't know why I never moved), and claims that now he can watch movies from this high-tech computer while four-boxing on his computer, second computer, and laptop a la MMORPG of EverCrack 2.

So I feel kind of stuck.

At least until I can find some way out of this mess. Like for instance, maybe one day sneaking my lovely comp up to my own room and then laying down a thousand dollars for the sneaky twit so that I can go about my own life in private... I no longer join him in the good ol' EverCrack 2 pilgrimages and thus should not feel obligated to remain where I am.

And yet... somehow, I'm still here.

It makes me wonder about myself.

No comments: