Thursday, May 23, 2013

Review: Love Me to Death


Love Me to Death
Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I didn't enjoy Love Me To Death as much as I had expected to, but then again, maybe I'd been expecting too much considering all the great reviews I'd seen about this book. I'm going to chance that this isn't the type of book for me; nonetheless, it was well written with a great concept and story line. The characters were great as well, but at the same time, they seemed really detached from the story itself up until the halfway point. For me, it was like watching a bunch of actors trying to figure out how to settle into their characters naturally, and for the first half of the book, they just felt hollow and absent. Because by the end of the book, I've grown an interest in some of the side characters presented and am considering reading some of the other Allison Brennan books featuring a Kincaid.

Anyway, the mystery wasn't as predictable as I thought it was, which was a pleasant surprise. But the main culprit also didn't lend any shock value for my reading experience. The romance was sweet, but it also bordered on being slightly dull as well since both Lucy and Sean are the typical main female and male coupling you would see in most stories. Where I didn't really care for the characters at the beginning (their significance seemed narrated and told more than felt), by the end of the book, Lucy grew on me as did Kate and some of the side characters. I still don't care too much about Sean Rogan, but that's okay.

This is a good book for a quick crime mystery.



View all my reviews

No comments: