Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Something About You


Something About You
Something About You by Julie James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a cute and fast-paced crime thriller romance with sizzle (which I've been enjoying a few of lately), and took me a whole of eight hours to finish reading, with some breaks for bathroom and food and sleep. Considering my track record, this means that I highly enjoyed the book and that it had my attention from beginning until the end.

It helps when the story has a good dose of romance, action, crime thrill and the like included. It helps a lot when you really like the characters because they are created quite beautifully and have that lovely spark, even if it's just on paper.

Of course, I walked into this book looking for a mystery and a little bit more of a thrilling ride than I got; the book itself was a little more tame than I had been expecting, both plot-wise and character-wise. But I must say, I DO enjoy a good witty banter every so often between characters, and witty banter I got LOTS of from both Cameron and Jack, as well as the rest of the supporting characters. All of the characters I loved, especially the friendship between Cameron, Collin, and Amy.

The writing style could have been a little smoother, and the story progression was predictable and not so much a mystery like I would have preferred, but nonetheless, I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I will definitely move onto the next one if the characters continue to be sassy badasses and witty charmers. Characters created wonderfully, of course, is something that stands out among others in any book I thoroughly enjoy.



View all my reviews

No comments: