Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Wallbanger


Wallbanger
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book gives good banter.

There's nothing I love more than character interaction and good banter by witty people. And I have to admit that the style of narration given in the POV of Caroline Reynolds was pretty humorous and random and all around strange. And I liked it. A LOT.

A love a good group of characters and this book happened to have a GREAT group of characters. Sure, it falls into that inevitable stereotype of beautiful women falling in love with beautiful men, and their only downfalls are their own dramatic woes and insecurities. But it's enjoyable to me, and that's all that matters, really.

I might add that I love a good rom-com and Wallbanger was right up that alley. And this book was every bit the erotica that its cover, title and summary suggests. But this book also encompasses more than just a PWP premise. I'm not saying its inspirational and that we should take it more seriously than its description allows us. I'm just saying that it has its moments of insightful thought in some of the exchanges and some of the narration that Caroline gives us.

While it's a story of a woman's love life and her agenda in retrieving her "lost O", and while it's every part and parcel a typical romantic comedy, it's still highly enjoyable.

On top of that, it's cute and it's funny. Did I mention witty banter? It actually made me giggle a few times. And I laughed out lot lots of other times.

This book doesn't try to be something other than what we expect it to be. It's a straight up romance. It reminds me of those romantic comedies I love to watch (and yes, this one happens to contain some explicit sex scenes -- well, as explicit as you can get on paper). It's got a fairly blunt happily every after.

It's cute and sweet and very light and lots of fun.

But mostly, I enjoyed the witty dialogue and Caroline's strange sense of humor.



View all my reviews

No comments: