Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A New Addition to the Abyss... Pt. 1

Whenever I read though other people's blogs, I always have the strong urge to have my own. And so now I have one. I can randomly spew nonsense and not care about other people's criticism. After all, everything I write is a product of my own personal opinion, right?

On top of having a blog, I also enjoy talking about the things that I like. The books that I read, the movies that I watch, and the writings that I create are all things I'd love to discuss with other people. However, being an adult and a college graduate sometimes makes me feel like I should focus on other much more productive activities -- such as finding a job as of present. But I've presently found that I need a reason to be able to separate my real life with the life I like to immerse myself into regularly to forget about my real life.

After all, I've always loved to live in my own made up little world. My friends tell me that I live in my own little world. And they really just don't know how true that really is.

But to make a long story short, what this post is really about is my need to add a couple extensions to the Abyss. Pending a good name and title for these extensions, I will be creating separate pages for my newest obsessions and some of my older obsessions-- really they're just places where I can talk about things that I don't really get to talk about in real life with my friends since none of them seem to have these same interests as me. So things such as movies, books, and television reviews and discussions will be addressed in separate blog pages for the purpsoe of separating this real life, my Abstract Abyss, with my other world, possibly titled 'Another Abyss'... or whatever. And if courage serves, I may be able to post up original writings as well...

Oh yea, and I will faintly admit that I'm an a phase of otaku-ness as of current. So anime and manga will also be on the dinner menu. If you don't know what otaku is, you're probably better off not knowing.

No comments: